Create stunning, modern, and responsive HTML5 image presentations for the web.
Web galleries – from the future!
For Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and above.
Exhibeo creates stunning, modern, and responsive HTML5 image presentations for your websites. And fast!
It’s a brand new Mac app for web designers, developers, and creatives to build HTML5 web galleries and slideshows. Just add your images, change some settings (if you want to), and out they pop!
Exhibeo supports regular web graphics (PNG, JPEG, and GIF), as well as Photoshop, TIFF, RAW, and a whole bunch of other file types.
You betcha! Exhibeo comes with a bunch of themes for all kinds of purposes. Some are fixed, but most are responsive, meaning they look great wherever they’re viewed – on a smartphone, tablet, or desktop.
Absolutely! You know that moment when you swipe an image on your iPad, only to find nothing happens? Well, that doesn’t happen here. If you see back or forward buttons, you can swipe it!
No way! Exhibeo uses HTML5, so you can be confident that your galleries will work wherever they’re viewed.
You sure can! It doesn’t matter whether you’re building your site in a text editor, Freeway, or any other web design application. Just export as HTML, copy/paste the resulting code into your web page, and place the files on your server. Of course, Freeway users get it easy. The provided Freeway Action will do all the work for them.
Of course not. There are no domain restrictions or limitations in Exhibeo. You’re free to use the output however you like, wherever you like, as many times as you like.
Focus is a light-box based theme. It’s perfect for displaying multiple shots of a product, groups of photos, or just for saving space.
If multiple images are used, the thumbnail gets stacked. Viewers using touchscreen devices can swipe to navigate between images. Images displayed in this theme are responsive so they fit the browser window whatever size screen it’s being viewed on.
Bloxx is a light-box based thumbnail gallery. It’s perfect for displaying multiple series of photos on one page and making the most of available space.
To use up all available screen space, thumbnails are positioned in blocks vertically and will move to fill up horizontal space. Images will load when required, making the viewers’ experience as smooth as possible. Bloxx is fully responsive, beautifully animating thumbnails and images to fit inside the available space.
Slide is an automatic sliding carousel. It’s perfect for automatically rotating your hero images at the top of a page, or showcasing a particular product.
This theme is composed of slides that beautifully transition into each other with fades, rotations, and 3D folds. The size of the slideshow can be changed to suit the widest range of sites and scenarios possible.
An example of Slide can be seen above this section.
Impress is an animated slider. It’s ideal for showcasing products or images in a prominent position on the page.
Another thumb-less theme. Each slide transitions differently and beautifully in this touchscreen friendly and responsive theme.
Creating your gallery or slideshow
1. Drop your images into the the Slide View, or click the + button.
2. Select a theme from the Theme Selector on the left of the Exhibeo window.
3. Edit the appearance of the theme using the Theme Settings on the right of the Exhibeo window, using the Live Preview in the center of the window to see your changes.
4. Open the Thumb View to crop, scale, and rotate your thumbs and images, and to add titles and descriptions.
5. Hit the Export button to export as HTML, or for Freeway.
Adding your work to your website
1. Each theme produces two blocks of code. A block for the <head> and a block for the <body>. Unless the theme says otherwise, the head code can go anywhere in the head element. The body code must be placed in the position you want the gallery or slideshow to be displayed.
2. If you want multiple instances of Exhibeo output on the same page, you’ll need to change the default id from exibid to something unique. This will need to be changed in the <body> code, and also in the CSS stylesheet. Simply open the stylesheet in your text editor and do a global find and replace for the text exibid.
Adding your work to your Freeway website
1. Install the Freeway Action found above or in Exhibeo’s Help menu, if you haven't already done so.
2. Insert or draw an Exhibeo Action item on the page you want to place your gallery or slideshow. You can do this from the Insert menu in Freeway, or selecting Exhibeo Import from the Action toolbar button and drawing your item on the page.
3. Select the xbExport file created by Exhibeo from the Exhibeo Output File field in Freeway’s Action palette (select Actions from the Window menu).
4. Resize the Action item based on the live preview of your gallery or slideshow.
5. Publish your site to see it working. Freeway will handle the code placement and the resource management for you automatically.
For support and assistance
Send us a Tweet on Twitter
Ask us a question on Facebook
Ask the community on FreewayTalk